The Powerful Pull of a Vision Board
What is a “Vision Board”? It is a powerful tool that helps you manifest the future you visualize. It uses the “law of attraction” that became so popular from John Assaraf’s best selling DVD documentary-The Secret. The Law of Attraction proposed that all forms of matter and energy are attracted to that which is of a like vibration. You are drawing situations, jobs, people and more in to your life. Any thought or desire you have, when combined with emotion, pulsates out in to the Universe and will attract back what you desire. Abraham-Hicks affirmed: That which is like unto itself is drawn.”
What you are asking for must be very clear. Vision boards are a type of blueprint for the future you’d like to create for yourself. Then you focus on it. You say; “Yes” to it. You give it all your positive energy. You raise your vibrational pull by concentrating on it. You believe in it. Be doubt-free. Have faith that the Universe will bring what you are manifesting. It will come when it is time. All you need to do is expect it. Act and think like you already have it. Be grateful.
This is the beauty of the Vision Board. It activates the law of attraction to begin to pull things from your external environment that will bring you what you desire. The images and visuals you create on your board attract those things from your environment that are in alignment. This selective attention makes you more aware when things show up in your day-to-day life that reflects those desires. You become more aware of the gifts the Universe is bestowing upon you.
How do you build a vision board?
There are many different ways to build a vision board and I will describe two of them. The subconscious mind works in images and pictures so using pictures as well as quotes is most effective
- Buy a large piece of tag board. I made mine poster size but the size is up to you.
- Buy or collect a number of magazines. Health and wellness and yoga and beauty magazines are great for the visuals and the boundless advertisement quotes.
- You need a scissors and glue.
- Start flipping through magazines and cut out all the photos that reflect what you want to see in your life and future. This is your BIG VISION. It doesn’t have to be based in reality as much as it is based on what you desire in your future. Collect as many photos as you want and you can weed some out later. Cut out words and sayings that reflect your emotions and also places or things you desire in your future.
- Start assembling your collage on your poster board without gluing anything down. Make your collage and fill it up any way that feels artistically and emotionally “true” for you.
- Start pasting!
- When you are finished, let yourself see how it makes you feel. It should generate really positive, warm and joyful feelings. It should inspire hope and excitement. Work on it some more if those are not the emotions you are experiencing.
- Position your board in a strategic location that gives you the most exposure. You can leave it in your bedroom or office or bathroom-any place you visit often. Look at it and read a few things from it, many times a day.
- It is beneficial to look at it before you go to sleep. By stimulating joyful thoughts before many hours with a quiet mind, you wake up with positive thoughts.
Another way to build your board is to not have any preconceived thoughts about what you want on your board and instead chose from intuition. Set your space to create a peaceful, welcoming surrounding. You can dim the lights or light some candles or play meditation music if you prefer. Begin with a meditation or centering exercise to help you drop down to your inner wisdom: your heart’s center. When you have finished meditating, start cutting out anything you see that produces good feelings. You don’t have to understand it, just start cutting. When you have a big pile of images, start picking them up one but one and see if they still elicit good feelings. If they do, place them on your board anywhere that “feels” right.
This board develops from your inner wisdom and may look very different from the first board. One is the vision you believe from your head you want and the second one is more from your heart. No right or wrong. If you have already done a vision board from one perspective, try the other.
Feel good knowing that all you desire is on its way to you…